Saturday, July 22, 2006

Birds and cats

Lately I’ve rediscovered the joy of making stuff. Usually I make stuff that is ugly that no one would ever appreciate, including myself. But it isn’t the product I’m working for, it’s just the act of working I like.
I read something recently that discussed the social differences among humans. This article stated that people who are very social get “recharged” being around other people, while the socially retarded, such as yours truly, are “recharged” by being by alone. This idea was pretty eye-opening for me as I have constantly struggled with being social my entire life. It’s not that I’m totally autistic, but I become totally exhausted being around people (with only a few exceptions). But when I’m at home spending hours making something I will most likely give to the Goodwill, I’m totally energized.
Here are a few things that will most likely be given away soon:
An apron for this month’s Tie One On


















And a cat from my new Japanese craft book

2 Comments:

Blogger floresita said...

That apron is absolutely gorgeous! This is definitely something other people would love! That little kitty is so cute, too... Let me know if you're ever looking to swap with someone. :)

Totally relate to the social retardedness (and I love that you call it that - it made me laugh) ;)

6:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the apron is so smart and neat! best of!

1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home